Looking for advice?If you need independent, impartial information & advice about your later life housing & care options, EAC FirstStop offer a free telephone helpline (0800 377 7070) and a website where you can search for housing and services in your local area: www.firststopcareadvice.org.uk.
- Online volunteers supporting others
- Can too much “stuff” in the home affect our decisions about our living situation?
- Silverlinks Cornwall update: “A Day in the Life” event
- Opportunity to Comment: Parliamentary Inquiry on Housing for Older People
- Why I volunteer: our new Silverlinks volunteer Mark shares what motivates him
Tag Archives: Later Life Housing and Care Options
Following the success of last year’s event in Wooler, North Northumberland, which was based around helping older people find the right property for their needs, it was decided to focus this year’s event on providing information for clients who would … Continue reading →
Silverlinks has developed a new “teach yourself” booklet which is now available to use. “Thinking Ahead: Housing, Care & Related Finance in Later Life” covers different aspects of making decisions about housing & care, to help people reach informed decisions … Continue reading →
Today we hear from Nicola Benge, who delivered a Silverlinks Pass it On workshop for the Memories Past group in Brighton earlier this week. “As a reminiscence and third age group facilitator through the Brighton based heritage organisation Strike a … Continue reading →